Joey's Energy-Saving Tips
- Turn the lights out when you leave the room.
- Install weather-stripping around windows and doors to prevent drafts. Many experts agree that caulking and weather-stripping gaps can pay for itself within one year with energy savings!
- For errands close to home, walk or ride a bike instead of driving.
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Shut down your computer when not in use.
- Unplug electronics such as cell phone chargers, video games and appliances when not in use. If a plug is in an outlet, electricity is being consumed.
- Do not hold the refrigerator open for long periods of time.
- When it is sunny outside, open the curtains and use sunlight to brighten a room instead of turning on the lights.